Since 1934

Russell and Sons was founded in Toowoomba in 1934 by William John Russell, who recognised the potential of the Darling Downs as a Dairying Area. He first visited Toowoomba as a representative of the Alfa Laval Seperator Company, and a year later he moved his family from Sydney to establish the business selling dairy equipment and associated lines. A year later, his son Doug joined the business, and from 1936 the business continued to grow.

The business operated from premises at 5 Russell Street (Pictured) up until 1986 when we moved to new larger premises at 18a Goggs Street.

Today, Russell and Sons is still owned and run by the Russell Family. Our core business is still focused on the Dairy Industry, however we now service and sell a much larger range of equipment, including Agricultural & Domestic Pumping Equipment, Engines and Power Equipment, Solar Pumping Equipment and much more.

The current directors of the business are John and Andrew who are 3rd and 4th generation members, and the business has a staff of 18 people, all of who are dedicated to serving our customers in the best possible way.